Universal Events would like to reassure customers that their privacy and the way in which we collect data about them is very important to us. The site is covered by 256-bit encryption protecting personal details. Payment processing is conducted by PayPal, who employ financial institution level security. More on their security policy can be found here:
When you buy tickets using www.universaldrumz.co.uk.co.uk some of your personal data will be collected and stored. This policy explains what data is collected, why it’s collected, how it is used and who has access to it.
Universal Events acts as both a data controller and data processor with respect to your data. The event organisers who list events on our website are also data controllers.
Modern information and communication technologies play a fundamental role in the activities of an organisation like Universal Events (Universal Drumz). We are based in the UK.
Our principal activity is: Events Management
Organisation Name: Universal Events
Address: 99 Gosford Way
City, Zip: Felixstowe, IP11 9PD
Web Sites(s): www.universaldrumz.co.uk
You can access our Web site home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data. Registration is required if you wish to make a purchase from the site.
We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals.
What data do we collect?
The following items of personal data will be collected and stored when you buy ticket(s) for an event:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your date of birth
You will also be asked for your payment card details if you choose to pay by credit or debit card but that data is not processed or stored by Universal Events.
Why is this data collected?
This is why we need each of these items of personal data:
- Your name - this will appear on your ticket so that your identity can be checked at the event.
- Your email address - we will email your order confirmation (receipt) to this address. If your tickets are electronic tickets they will also be emailed to this address.
- Your address - This is used to process your payment and to provide geographic reporting to the event organiser.
- Your phone number - we may use this to contact you if there is a problem with your order. In some cases event tickets will be sent via SMS to this number if it is a mobile number. Occasionally we may send you a text message relating to an event you are attending, for example if there is a change to the start time.
- Your date of birth - this is collected to provide audience demographic information to the event organiser.
Who has access to this data?
Usually 2 organisations have access to this data.
Universal Events has access to this data as it used to process your order (see above).
In addition to this, the event organiser has access to some of this data. Other than any data they have requested which is described above the data they have access to is:
- Your name - this will appear on your ticket
- Your email address and contact phone number - they will use this to contact you with information relating to the event you have bought tickets for. For example, they may email you with travel information, or information about what to bring to the event.
- Your postcode - they will see your postcode and may use it to verify your identity.
- Your date of birth - they will use this to help plan the event and may use it to verify your identity.
Under no circumstances will any of your data be shared for marketing purposes with anyone other than Universal Events and the event organiser.
How long is the data kept for?
We keep all of the data items listed above for 3 years to comply with financial processing regulations. This also makes it more convenient for you to place future orders with us.
Where is the data stored?
Your data is stored in our database which is located in the UK. The live database is encrypted, and all data is encrypted during transmission to and from your browser.
Your data also exists in database backups which are also encrypted.
Can I access my data?
Yes you can. By contacting customer support by email email@example.com, you can request all the data we hold which relates to you.
Can I update my data?
Yes - by contacting customer support as described above. You can request to edit all your personal data.
Can I erase my data?
You can, but only in the following circumstances:
More than 6 months has elapsed since the last event you bought tickets for. Until this point we will need your data in order to fulfil your order and grant you access to the event.
Your tickets for an upcoming event or one that happened less than 6 months ago have been voided and your refund was processed back onto your original payment card. In this situation we no longer need your data as there is no order to fulfil therefore you may request that it is deleted.
If you wish to delete your data please contact us and we will do this for you and confirm when it has been carried out.
The events for which we sell are for 18 and over, so we do not collect personal data from children.
We do not take specific steps to protect the privacy of children who disclose their personal data to us. We assume that using the site you are 18 or over.
We use a secure transmission method to send us the following types of personal data:
We have implemented security and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' personal data.
We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of other companies who may advertise on our site. If you follow a link to another web site, please consult their individual policy.
If the company is sold, customer information may be included as part of that sale but use of this information will still be governed by the terms set out in this policy.
Department: Customer Services
Phone number: 0121 472 6688
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org